MWFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Modern Warfare/Call of Duty Freaks can shoot the breeze

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» BLACK OP III Anyone?!?
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/11/2015, 11:07 am by Loosenut

» Hello? anyone?
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty31/7/2013, 12:54 pm by riddleric

» new favorite strategy
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty6/5/2013, 10:03 am by boospeed

» Weapon unlocks, Perks Reset
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty25/3/2013, 3:35 pm by KillerPineapple

» Harlem Shake - Black Ops
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty20/3/2013, 9:29 am by boospeed

» Borderlands 2
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty27/2/2013, 11:13 am by riddleric

» Game play video
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty27/2/2013, 11:11 am by riddleric

» spawn camping with shotgun
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty27/2/2013, 11:09 am by riddleric

» only gamers will understand
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty5/2/2013, 9:38 am by boospeed

Statistics
We have 13 registered users
The newest registered user is jengrego

Our users have posted a total of 834 messages in 154 subjects
Top posters
Loosenut
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_vote_lcapPlasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_voting_barPlasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_vote_rcap 
KillerPineapple
Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_vote_lcapPlasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_voting_barPlasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in I_vote_rcap 
boospeed
riddleric
MEISTER-T
juzjoshin
styzf600
Techtron88
Tateo78
aznfab
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Black Ops Freaks on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of MWFreaks on your social bookmarking website
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty
PostSubject: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 10:46 am

My Plasma TV is showing signs of image persistence/retention/burn-in from playing MW3 and I was getting a little worried. It's in the HUD areas where the image is static - most noticeable in the bottom left corner where the score is (it says "WINNING" haha). A little bit on the right side where the Perks list are and a little bit where it shows who's speaking on the radio.

The TV is only about a year old and I would've gone with LED, but I wanted good refresh rate for 3D images. It's a Panasonic too - with one of the better panels (GT25 model). My older TV was LCD and I didn't have to worry about this.
Anyway, I've tried all the anti-image retention features on the TV - Pixel Orbiting and using the white scrolling bars, but it's not really fully going away. It'll only look a little better after using the scrolling bars. I've been googling it and the general consensus is that it's not permanent unless you're really ignorant. And that it's just not the issue people make it out to be. It looks like I just need to watch more full-screen TV or movies...

Any of you guys notice this too?
Back to top Go down
KillerPineapple

KillerPineapple

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 12:03 pm

I also play on a panasonic plasma. I set it up so a whitebar screen saver goes on every night around 3:30 in the morning. No burn-in problems for me so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.killerpineapple.com
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 2:35 pm

Here's my suggestion...

Get yourself a computer monitor with 2ms refresh rate, 22-23" screen, LED backlit, with hdmi input. Costs $200-300 depending on quality.

Reason: it's easier on your eyes and less video lag, sharper images.

I played on 80" projector, 52" LCD, 52" LED, 22" LCD, and hands down the best performer is the 22" LED.

I have headache playing on any screens larger than 40" over 1hr. of playtime. And the new HDTVs with 120-240hz even using "game mode" just doesn't cut it.

Bonus: with 22" LED screen you could move it to another room if you are worried about waking up the baby or you prefer to play while sitting on the toilet. pig

Keep your plasma tv for movies/tv shows.

Back to top Go down
KillerPineapple

KillerPineapple

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 3:07 pm

Hmm, I used to use a panasonic plasma as a computer monitor and some of the desktop icons started to burn-in. It's completely gone now but I remember it took a while to wholly disappear. You probably do need to watch some other stuff from time to time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.killerpineapple.com
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 4:02 pm

I read somewhere that if you play Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3.. it will destroy your Plasma tv...

Anyways, if you plan to get a TV.. buy LED or higher-end LCD... skip the Plasma.
Back to top Go down
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty12/3/2012, 8:16 pm

Thanks. I just might do that. $300 is not bad. My MacBook Air could use a bigger screen too.
Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty13/3/2012, 2:03 pm

I have 13" and 11" Macbook Air and I actually love the 11" more...

I guess it's because I already have a desktop computer and need one mobile.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in   Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in Empty

Back to top Go down

Plasma TV Image Retention/Burn-in
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWFreaks :: MW3 :: General-
Jump to: