MWFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Modern Warfare/Call of Duty Freaks can shoot the breeze

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» BLACK OP III Anyone?!?
Yellow Light of Death! Empty12/11/2015, 11:07 am by Loosenut

» Hello? anyone?
Yellow Light of Death! Empty31/7/2013, 12:54 pm by riddleric

» new favorite strategy
Yellow Light of Death! Empty6/5/2013, 10:03 am by boospeed

» Weapon unlocks, Perks Reset
Yellow Light of Death! Empty25/3/2013, 3:35 pm by KillerPineapple

» Harlem Shake - Black Ops
Yellow Light of Death! Empty20/3/2013, 9:29 am by boospeed

» Borderlands 2
Yellow Light of Death! Empty27/2/2013, 11:13 am by riddleric

» Game play video
Yellow Light of Death! Empty27/2/2013, 11:11 am by riddleric

» spawn camping with shotgun
Yellow Light of Death! Empty27/2/2013, 11:09 am by riddleric

» only gamers will understand
Yellow Light of Death! Empty5/2/2013, 9:38 am by boospeed

Statistics
We have 13 registered users
The newest registered user is jengrego

Our users have posted a total of 834 messages in 154 subjects
Top posters
Loosenut
Yellow Light of Death! I_vote_lcapYellow Light of Death! I_voting_barYellow Light of Death! I_vote_rcap 
KillerPineapple
Yellow Light of Death! I_vote_lcapYellow Light of Death! I_voting_barYellow Light of Death! I_vote_rcap 
boospeed
riddleric
MEISTER-T
juzjoshin
styzf600
Techtron88
Tateo78
aznfab
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Black Ops Freaks on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of MWFreaks on your social bookmarking website
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Yellow Light of Death!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

Yellow Light of Death! Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty2/2/2012, 11:22 pm

I got the dreaded Yellow Light of Death on my PS3.
It's not turning on anymore. I played a couple good games earlier in the evening and then that was it.
I'll try fixing it myself first. There's some good youtube videos.
Confirm some kills for me.
Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 10:50 am

Josh,

Yeah, I got that same thing last week. Luckily, I have another PS3 that I could play with.

I probably won't be doing the fix myself as it's too much hassle so I'll let you know how it turns out after bringing it to an individual to fix.

Back to top Go down
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 2:02 pm

Yeah, actually after watching a couple of the videos it really is way too much of a hassle. There's so many things to take apart. Plus I don't have all the tools - like I don't have a heat gun and I have to buy thermal compound etc. Forget that.
I just dropped it off at a repair place. $50. They should be able to turn it around today. If not tomorrow.

I didn't want to buy a launch version of the PS3 so soon at the time, I knew it was gonna have problems and there wasn't even any good PS3 titles out at launch except maybe COD 3, which wasn't awesome. BUT my PS2 broke down on me a couple weeks before the PS3 launch and I couldn't play SOCOM.

Dude, some guy cooked a steak on his ps3 it got so hot.

Lasted me 5 years, I guess that's not as a bad as ppl who had this problem 5 months outside of warranty.
Back to top Go down
riddleric

riddleric

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 2:21 pm

I can fix that,it's not that hard, I fixed three ps3 before and fixed my own few times. Or you can always trade it in to Game stop for credit towards a new ps3, just ask Meister-T.
Back to top Go down
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 2:39 pm

Whoa, nice.
You had to fix your's a few times...was it the same ylod problem each time?
If so, there's a possibility my problem will recur. Although the repair guys say they'll try again for free.
Back to top Go down
riddleric

riddleric

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 2:53 pm

Blu ray reader will go bad eventually, ylod will happen again after 1 to 2 years after you fix it. 2 times fix ylod and 1 time replace blu ray reader.
Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 3:15 pm

I have two original 1st version of the PS3. I think the quality of these things are far better than the newest ones.

This is the first time I had problems with the PS3 and I did use it quite a bit over the years since the 1st day it was launched.
rabbit
Back to top Go down
riddleric

riddleric

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 3:25 pm

its not difficult to fix, you don't even need thermal paste. It is a little time consuming and a bit confusing at first so if you can pay $50 for someone else to do it then it's a good deal. PS4 might be coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
juzjoshin

juzjoshin

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 3:33 pm

A PS4 at the end of the year would be nice. As long as my PS3 holds out til then.

Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 4:28 pm

There probably won't be a PS4 for another 2 years since Sony is losing money and still trying to make money from all the licensing of PS3 & blu-rays.

$50 to get your PS3 to work for another year is a small price to pay. If you want to save money, just send it to Rick and he'll fix it for you free of charge. cheers
Back to top Go down
riddleric

riddleric

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty3/2/2012, 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down
riddleric

riddleric

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty27/2/2012, 1:26 pm

Saw this offer on Sony's web site so i sent in one of my fat ps3 for a new slim one. $99 for replacement of a new ps3, free shipping included. https://service1.us.playstation.com/rma.htm?_flowExecutionKey=_c62983D65-BDDA-0C9C-583A-2965608B1A5D_kC3829632-80FD-3E67-972F-721B094D544E
**After you choose your PS3 model and input your serial you will be directed to a page where you "select the issue you are experiencing..." and "provide in detail what you are experiencing," followed by entering a CAPTCHA. The next page after that displays your service cost and requires you to enter your "consumer information." The PS3 models available for the trade-in offer have a service cost of $129. If your service cost is $99 your model is not eligible.
Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty27/2/2012, 9:18 pm

THANKS FOR THE INFO...

I've just sent in my PS3 for the 2nd time within 2 weeks to be fixed... most likely it'll die again and i'll look at this option.

I"m just very disappointed its going to be traded for a crappier version.. sucks.
Back to top Go down
boospeed

boospeed

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty6/3/2012, 10:35 pm

Word of advice... sell your PS3 before it dies. Pain in the neck to remove all those screws to get the disc out... and then have to send it in.. gosh.

Anyways, luckily i have another PS3 to play with.

btw.. when they fix your YLOD, most likely it'll come back again. SELL it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death!   Yellow Light of Death! Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow Light of Death!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MWFreaks :: MW3 :: General-
Jump to: